Setup (Programming Device Control)
The Atlas 1055 Remote Control is preprogrammed to operate the cable box (converter)
provided by your cable system, an RCA TV, a Toshiba
DVD player, an RCA VCR, and a Pioneer audio receiver.
To control devices other than the default brands,
perform the following steps; otherwise skip this section.
NOTES: For control of a Combo control, skip this section and perform the instructions on "Programming TV/VCR Combo Control". Also refer to "Device Table" to find out which devices can be programmed onto each device key. If you have another brand of cable converter
or a satellite receiver you would like to control,
you’ll need to unlock the cable ID Lock before
changing the converter code (see “Programming
Cable ID Lock” in the manual).
- Turn on a device and, if applicable, insert
video media, (e.g., cassette or disc).
- On the remote control, press a device key once
(i.e., VCR, DVD, AUD, TV, or CBL); it will blink
once. Then press and hold SETUP until the
selected mode key blinks twice.
- Use the "Manufacturer's Codes to locate the type of device and brand name and then enter the first four-digit code for your device. If performed correctly, the selected mode key will blink twice.
NOTE: If the selected mode key emits a long blink,
the entry is invalid. Repeat steps 2 through 3
and try entering the same code again.
- Aim the remote control at the device and
press PWR once. The device should turn off. If
it does not, repeat steps 2 through 3, trying
each code for your brand until you find one
that works. If it still does not respond, try
searching for the code (see “Searching for
NOTE: If the device does not have a PWR key, press
the PLAY key.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4 for each device you
want the remote control to operate. For future
reference, write down each working device
code in the boxes on the following page.