Champ offers simplified control with fewer keys, larger text, and no mode switching ever needed.
Simplified Modeless Control
All keys on the remote are dedicated to controlling your cable box except for the TV POWER, VOLUME, and MUTE, and INPUT keys.
Large Keys/Text for Easy Reading
This remote features over-sized keys and larger text to make the keys easy to quickly identify, even with tired eyes.
Simple 3-Step Setup
Programming this remote for your TV is as simple as 1-2-3 with the popular brand setup feature.
This remote control features a backlit keypad, making it easier to read and use the remote while in a dark setting.
Remote Control Setup
CodeFinder and Setup Instructions
Step 1: CodeFinder
Step 2: Setup Instructions
- INPUT cycles through video inputs on the TV
- TV POWER turns your TV on and off
- CBL POWER turns your cable box on and off
- SETUP used for remote control programming
- A-D KEYS used for special functions displayed on your cable menus
- GUIDE displays program guide
- ON DEMAND used to access on demand program library
- MENU displays main cable menu
- INFO displays information on current selected program
- PAGE +/- used to jump a page at a time in program guide
- EXIT closes current menu
- LAST returns to the previously selected channel
- FF/PAUSE/PLAY/REW/SKIP BACK/STOP used to control playback of live, recorded, or On Demand programs
- LIST (on some remote models) displays list of recorded programs on DVR boxes
- RECORD (on some remote models) press to record selected program
- FAV (on some remote models) cycles through favorite channels set on your cable box
- LIVE (on some remote models) returns to live TV
- DAY -/+ (on some remote models) used to jump a day ahead or back in program guide
Frequently Asked Questions
This remote uses AA size batteries.
While Heavy Duty batteries will work, alkaline batteries are recommended and will have much longer battery life.
Five blinks means that your batteries are low and need to be replaced soon.
To control your equipment, be sure to do the following:
- Point the remote at the equipment when using it, making sure that there is a clear line of sight.
- The LED on the remote should blink with each keypress. If not, replace the batteries.
- The remote needs to be programmed in order to control your equipment.
- Follow the instructions in the setup section of this site to program the remote.