Proton offers full control of HD DVR cable boxes in addition to universal control of basic TV functions.
Simplified Modeless Control
All keys on the remote are dedicated to controlling your cable box except for the TV POWER, VOLUME, and MUTE, and INPUT keys.
Simple 3-Step Setup
Programming this remote for your TV is as simple as 1-2-3 with the popular brand setup feature.
HD DVR Control
This remote includes all of the keys and functions needed for a comprehensive control experience of HD/DVR boxes.
Step 1: CodeFinder
Step 2: Setup Instructions
- TV INPUT cycles through video inputs on the TV
- CBL and TV POWER turns your cable box on and off
- TV POWER turns your TV on and off
- FF/PAUSE/PLAY/REW/STOP used to control playback of live, recorded, or On Demand programs
- RECORD press to record selected program
- COLORED KEYS used for special functions displayed on your cable menus
- FAV cycles through favorite channels on the cable box
- MENU displays main cable menu
- INFO displays information on current selected program
- BACK displays the previous menu screen
- GUIDE displays program guide
- EXIT closes current menu
Frequently Asked Questions
This remote uses 2x AAA size batteries. While Heavy Duty batteries will work, alkaline batteries are recommended and will have much longer battery life.
Five blinks means that your batteries are low and need to be replaced soon.
To control your equipment, be sure to do the following:
- Point the remote at the equipment when using it, making sure that there is a clear line of sight.
- The LED on the remote should blink with each keypress. If not, replace the batteries.
- The remote needs to be programmed in order to control your equipment.
- Follow the instructions in the setup section of this site to program the remote.