TiVo Stream Voice Remote
Designed to work with your TiVo Stream service, this remote automatically connects with your TV to let you control their volume, mute, power, and input functions.
Simplified Modeless Control
All keys on this remote are dedicated to controlling your TiVo Stream device except for the POWER, VOLUME, MUTE, and INPUT keys, which control your TV or AV device.
Volume and Mute
The volume and mute buttons are set automatically to control your TV or AV device.
Hide Your TiVo Stream device
This remote control is capable of controlling a TiVo Stream device that is hidden from sight.
Finding a movie or tuning to a network have never been so easy. Simply press and release the Google Assistant key to issue voice commands.
- Automatically detects video and audio devices connected to a Smart TV and retrieves a complete set of control capabilities for these devices.
- Simple out-of-box experience with easy self-setup that automates the detection of connected devices to the set top box.
- Provides seamless control for televisions and audio devices connected to it.
- POWER turns the TV, AV device and Stream device on & off
- INPUT cycles through the video inputs on the TV
- VOLUME and MUTE control the TV audio
- GUIDE displays the program guide
- CHANNEL UP/DOWN change the channel while watching live TV and let you scroll through the GUIDE quickly
- TIVO displays the Stream app menu (Guide, My Shows and more)
- “i” or INFO displays show information when watching TiVo+. A long press opens the Accessibility settings screen (but not while watching video).
- UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT/OK used for navigation in menus
- LEFT/RIGHT/OK used for Rewind/Fast-Forward/Pause
- BACK displays the previous menu screen or closes the TiVo menu
- SKIP jumps forward 30 seconds while watching certain shows
- GOOGLE ASSISTANT; press and release to issue voice commands
- CIRCLE opens the Android TV home screen
- LIVE jumps to the last watched live channel
- NETFLIX launches the Netflix application
- NUMBERS can be used to quickly enter numbers when required
Frequently Asked Questions
Normally your remote will be paired with the TiVo Stream device during initial setup. Make sure your TV and TiVo device are powered on. If your remote can control the TiVo Stream device, then it is paired.
If the remote is not paired with the device, there are 2 manual modes to try:
- Option (1): Press and hold the TiVo and BACK buttons simultaneously until the Activity light turns red. The light will flash yellow quickly when the remote is paired.
- Option (2): Press the button on the side of the TiVo Stream device for 3 seconds to display the pairing screen. Follow the TV on-screen instructions.
TV, TiVo Stream 4K, audio devices
Refer the following instructions.
- Make sure your remote is paired with your TiVo Stream device.
- Your product supports an automatic discovery and set-up flow powered by QuickSet in your Streaming box for most devices. Follow the instructions explained in FAQ: "How do I start using my remote (out of the box)?"
- Manual on-remote programming of the POWER, VOLUME, MUTE and INPUT keys is not supported at this time, but will be supported using an TV on-screen interactive menu in the future.
Make sure your remote is paired with TiVo Stream 4K Device. If your remote cannot be paired with your TiVo Stream 4K, you may need to perform a factory reset of the remote. This reset will unpair
your remote from your TiVo Stream 4K and all other devices it is paired with.
- Press and hold the TiVo and TV POWER buttons on the remote simultaneously for approximately 3 seconds.
- The activity indicator will be lit red and will stay on.
- Press VOLUME DOWN 3 times, and then press the TIVO button .
- The activity indicator will flash red 3 times.
- Pair your remote by following the instructions in Remote Control Pairing.
To control your equipment, be sure to do the following:
- Point the remote at the equipment when using it, making sure that there is a clear line of sight.
- The Activity light on the remote should blink with each keypress. If not, replace the batteries.
Yes, it supports voice control using Google Assistant. Press the Google Assistant button on your remote to search what’s on now, change channels, record a show, open apps, and more.
Be sure that the remote has been paired with the Stream device.
Be sure to press and release the GOOGLE ASSISTANT button to send the voice command.
Normally your remote will be paired with the TiVo Stream device during initial setup. If your remote can control the TiVo Stream device, then it is paired. If the remote is not paired with the device, there are 2 manual modes to try:
- Option 1) Press and hold the TiVo and BACK buttons simultaneously until the Activity light turns red. The light will flash yellow quickly when the remote is paired.
- Option 2) Press the button on the side of the TiVo Stream device for 3 seconds to display the pairing screen. Follow the directions.
The TiVo Stream Voice Remote works with the TiVo Stream device to automatically configure TV and AV devices.
Manual on-remote programming of the POWER, VOLUME, MUTE and INPUT keys is not supported at this time, but will be supported using an on-screen interactive menu in the future.
Refer the following:
- Activity light turns red during Manual Pairing Option 1), then blinks yellow rapidly, five times and turns off when the remote is paired successfully.
- Activity light illuminates for button press: Duration of key press for AV keys (POWER, VOLUME, MUTE, INPUT) Short blink for all other keys, after pairing
- Five blinks means that your batteries are low and need to be replaced soon
This remote uses 2x AAA size batteries. While Heavy Duty batteries will work, alkaline batteries are recommended and will have much longer battery life.
Federal Communication Commission Interference Statement:
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide a reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiated radio frequency energy and if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
· Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
· Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
· Connect the equipment into an outlet or a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
· Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
In order to maintain compliance with FCC regulations, shielded cables must be used with this equipment. Operation with non-approved equipment or unshielded cables is likely to result in interference to radio and TV reception. The user is cautioned that changes and modifications made to the equipment without approval of manufacturer could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment.
Industry Canada Statement:
This device complies with RSS-210 of the Industry Canada Rules.
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and
(2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Le present appareil est conforme aux CNR d'lndustrie Canada applicables aux appareils radio exempts de licence. L'exploitation est autorisee aux deux conditions suivantes:
(1) l'appareil ne dott pas produire de brouillage;
(2) l'utilisateur de l'appareil doit accepter tout brouillage radioelectrique subi, meme si le brouillage est susceptible d'en compromettre le fonctionnement.