This remote was designed for an ideal user experience when viewing Optimum cable services and includes limited control of TV functions.
Simplified Modeless Control
All keys on the remote are dedicated to controlling your cable box except for the TV POWER, VOLUME, and MUTE, and INPUT keys.
Simple 3-Step Setup
Programming this remote for your TV is as simple as 1-2-3 with the popular brand setup feature.
Step 1: CodeFinder
Step 2: Setup Instructions
- TV INPUT cycles through video inputs on the TV
- TV POWER turns your TV on and off
- CBL POWER turns your cable box on and off
- ON DEMAND used to access on demand program library
- FF/PAUSE/PLAY/REW/SKIP BACK/STOP used to control playback of live, recorded, or On Demand programs
- DVR displays list of recorded programs on DVR boxes
- RECORD press to record selected program
- LIVE returns to live TV
- A-D KEYS used for special functions displayed on your cable menus
- SETTINGS displays the cable box settings screen
- PAGE +/- used to jump a page at a time in program guide
- INFO displays information on current selected program
- GUIDE displays program guide
- EXIT closes current menu
- LAST returns to the previously selected channel
- OPTIMUM displays main cable menu
- SEARCH allows you to search for desired programs
Frequently Asked Questions
This remote uses AA size batteries.
While Heavy Duty batteries will work, alkaline batteries are recommended and will have much longer battery life.
Five blinks means that your batteries are low and need to be replaced soon.
To control your equipment, be sure to do the following:
- Point the remote at the equipment when using it, making sure that there is a clear line of sight.
- The LED on the remote should blink with each keypress. If not, replace the batteries.
- The remote needs to be programmed in order to control your equipment.
- Follow the instructions in the setup section of this site to program the remote.