This familiar Charter design provides full command of your Charter Cable service in addition to universal control of TVs, Blu-ray/DVR players, VCRs, and surround sound audio systems.
Full Universal Control
This remote features full universal control of your home theater including the cable box, TV, DVD/Blu-ray player, and audio device.
Master Power Key
The Master Power key offers the ability to turn-on or off all devices that you use to watch cable television in a single keypress.
This feature allows you to lock the volume and mute functions to your TV or Audio Device.
Step 1: CodeFinder
Step 2: Setup Instructions
- SYSTEM ON/OFF sends power commands to all devices programmed into the remote
- SETUP used for remote control programming
- POWER turns selected equipment on or off
- MODE KEYS used to set remote to control selected device
- GUIDE displays program guide
- MENU displays main cable menu
- INFO displays information on current selected program
- PAGE +/- used to jump a page at a time in program guide
- EXIT closes current menu
- A-D KEYS used for special functions displayed on your cable menus
- LAST returns to the previously selected channel
- DAY+/- cycles the program guide one day per keypress
- FAV cycles through favorite channels set on your cable box
- ON DEMAND used to access on demand program library
- FF/PAUSE/PLAY/REW/SKIP BACK/STOP/ used to control playback of live, recorded, or On Demand programs
- RECORD press to record selected program
- DVR LIST displays list of recorded programs on DVR boxes
- LIVE returns to live TV
- ASPECT changes the picture format
- PIP ON/OFF turns on picture-in-picture on some cable boxes
- PIP MOVE changes the mini picture location on PIP boxes
- PIP +/- changes the channel on the mini picture when PIP is active
- SWAP used to swap between tuners on DVR boxes or to swap pictures on PIP boxes
- VIDEO SOURCE cycles through video inputs on the TV or audio device
Frequently Asked Questions
This remote comes with VOLUME LOCK defaulted to control volume using your TV. To change VOLUME LOCK to another device, follow the VOLUME LOCK programming instructions in the SETUP section of this site.
This remote uses AA size batteries.
While Heavy Duty batteries will work, alkaline batteries are recommended and will have much longer battery life.
Five blinks means that your batteries are low and need to be replaced soon.
To control your equipment, be sure to do the following:
- Point the remote at the equipment when using it, making sure that there is a clear line of sight.
- The LED on the remote should blink with each keypress. If not, replace the batteries.
- The remote needs to be programmed in order to control your equipment.
- Follow the instructions in the setup section of this site to program the remote.
Follow the programming instructions for SYSTEM POWER in the SETUP section of this site.