Control your entire entertainment system with our advanced remote. Program your remote and set your viewing preferences to watch and record your favorite shows just the way you want.
Full Universal Control
In addition to your DIRECTV receiver, this remote features full universal control of your home theater including TV, DVD/Blu-ray player, and audio device.
Setup your Remote
CodeFinder and Setup Instructions
Step 1: CodeFinder
Step 2: Setup Instructions
- Changes the remote’s MODE to control other equipment
ON / OFF
- Turns both DIRECTV receiver and TV ON or OFF at the same time
- Turns Power on/off of whichever equipment is selected
- Displays the current screen format options
- Replay previous six seconds
- Advance 30 seconds
- Record program now playing or highlighted in the onscreen guide
- Display information about the program now playing or highlighted in the guide
- Displays the list of recorded programs
- Jump back 12 hours while viewing the onscreen guide
- Jump ahead 12 hours while viewing the onscreen guide
- Display guide options while viewing the onscreen guide
- Displays a one-line channel guide while viewing a program
- Return to previous channel
- Press twice to delete recorded shows from your list
Frequently Asked Questions
This remote uses AA size batteries.
While Heavy Duty batteries will work, alkaline batteries are recommended and will have much longer battery life.
To control your equipment, be sure to do the following:
- Point the remote at the equipment when using it, making sure that there is a clear line of sight.
- The LED on the remote should blink with each keypress. If not, replace the batteries.
- The remote needs to be programmed in order to control your equipment.
- Follow the instructions in the setup section of this site to program the remote.
To test battery strength, press and hold any button on the remote:
- If LED is a solid green light the batteries are strong.
- If LED is a fast blinking light, batteries might need to be replaced soon.
- If LED is blinking slow or is not lit your remote needs new batteries.
If the buttons on your remote are not responding, try resetting the receiver:
- On most DIRECTV receivers you can locate a red button on the side or inside the access card door.
- Press and hold the red button until it restarts.