A Bluetooth powered device, that gives consumers the ability to browse content and control the whole home theater using their smartphone/tablet and a compatible app. Additionally, Nevo Portal acts as a secondary tabletop remote control that is always easy to find.
Control Your Home Theatre with Your Phone or Tablet
Nevo Portal enables the mobile device running the Nevo Smart Phone App or Nevo Smart Tablet App to control your whole home theater.
Integrated Second-Screen Guide
Use the integrated guide on your smart phone or tablet to search for content without interrupting your TV viewing experience.
Setup is as easy as 1-2-3.
1. Download the app
2. Put batteries into the Portal
3. Pair the portal to your smart device and follow the on-screen setup wizard.
Unlike competing smart phone/tablet control offerings, Nevo Portal has no wires. Just install batteries and enjoy!
- POWER turns all assigned equipment on and off
- CH+/- tune to the next channel
- LAST switches to the last channel tuned
- VOLUME +/- increases or decreases the volume level
- MUTE mutes the volume level
- PAUSE pauses playback
- PLAY begins or resumes playback
Frequently Asked Questions
To use your Smartphone or tablet for home entertainment control with Nevo Portal, you first have to pair it with the Nevo Portal via Bluetooth.
Be sure to point the remote at your equipment during setup.
- Turn on Bluetooth on tablet or Smartphone.
- On tablet or Smartphone, select and open the Nevo application.
- Follow the pairing wizard in the Nevo application.
- TIP: If Bluetooth symbol does not appear on tablet or Smartphone, Nevo Portal hub is not paired.
Nevo Portal is compatible with Bluetooth® Smart Capable iOS and Android handhelds including:
Android Phones (requires Android v4.3 or higher)
Google Nexus Phone 4 and 5
HTC Butterfly 2, S
HTC Desire Series
HTC One Series
Huawei Ascend P7
Samsung Galaxy S4 and S5
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and 5
LG Optimus Exceed 2, Fuel, L35, L40, L65, L70, L80, L90
LG F60, F70, Realm, Tribute, Volt, VU 3.0
LG G, G Pro
Motorola Droid RAZR, Ultra, Maxx, Mini
Motorola Moto E, G, Luge, X
Pantech Vega Secret UP
iOS Phones and Tablets
Apple iPhone (4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6, 6 Plus)
Apple iPad (Gen 3, Gen 4, Air, Mini)
No. Nevo runs off of 2 AA size alkaline batteries.
Nevo uses 2 AA size alkaline batteries.
- Ensure that the blue ring on the NEVO Portal lights up whenever a control key is pressed on your smart device
- Ensure that the NEVO Portal has clear line-of-sight to all of your home theater equipment
- Ensure that you have correctly added your home theatre equipment to the Nevo App and that the device you wish to control is selected
- Ensure that none of your devices are currently set to RF-CONTROL, which commonly causes the device to ignore IR control which the NEVO Portal requires
Ensure that the phone or tablet you are using is connected to the internet.
- Ensure that the NEVO Portal unit has good working batteries
- Ensure that Bluetooth communication is active on your smart device and that the NEVO application is running
- Ensure that the smart device that you are using is compatible with NEVO Portal by checking the FAQ.
Make sure you have set your program guide to the correct postal code and correct service provider. This is what maintains the correct channel guide between your service provider and the NEVO App. If you have recently switched out which STB listed on your devices page, you will need to reconfigure your Program Guide. To do so follow below steps:
- Select Program Guide icon in upper left of screen
- Click on Menu in upper right of screen
- Select 'Set up TV Guide'
- Follow on screen steps
Ensure that you have set up your Cable/Satellite box or another tuning device within the Nevo App. Once setup, go into guide setup and assign that device for channel tuning.
- Ensure that the blue ring on the NEVO Portal lights up whenever a control key is pressed on your smart device.
- Ensure that the NEVO Portal has clear line-of-sight to all of your home theater equipment.
- Ensure that you have correctly added your home theatre equipment to the Nevo App and that the device you wish to control is selected.
- Ensure that none of your devices are currently set to RF-CONTROL, which commonly causes the device to ignore IR control which the NEVO Portal requires.